I’ve had a craving for homemade marinara all week!
This recipe tastes so fresh you’ll never use anything from a jar again!
1 red onion – diced
1 clove of garlic – minced
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/4 cup vegetable stock
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of tomato puree
4 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaved parsley
1 tbsp coconut oil
Himalayan Pink Salt and Cracked Black Pepper – to taste
- In a small pot heat the coconut oil, add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds before adding the onion and oregano.
- Cook the onion until it has become translucent. (This should take roughly 3-4 minutes.)
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to the boil before adding the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Season with salt & pepper and add the parsley.
- Mix thoroughly, and simmer with the lid off for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy however you like! Works great as a dip or teamed with zoodles!