Mexican Beef Tacos
Mexican Beef Tacos! This recipe is definitely one to get excited about! I absolutely adore anything that can go into a lettuce cup and these Mexican Beef Tacos are to die for! The smokiness of the Chipotle really brings everything in the dish together, it’s so incredibly moreish that you won’t want to share!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
400g Lean Beef Mince
2 small white onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 beef tomato, diced
142g tomato purée (1 small tin)
1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot
Pinch of Chipotle chilli flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Coconut Oil/Olive Oil
1-2 heads of little gem lettuce
1/2 carrot, Julienned
2 radishes, thinly sliced
Handful of coriander
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp of your chosen oil. (I used a wok for this recipe)
- Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes before adding in the mince and the garlic.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, oregano and smoked paprika and continue to cook until the mince is almost cooked through.
- Add the pepper and tomato and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the hot sauce and the tomato purée.
- Finally add the chipotle and mix thoroughly through.
- Add to a serving bowl and garnish with some of the carrot and coriander.
- Serve as is or in lettuce cups and enjoy!!