Maple & Orange Glazed Duck Salad a luscious summer salad which is amazing hot our cold! I absolutely adore duck – it’s one of my favourite meats! This recipe is full of flavour with very little effort needed in the kitchen, sit back and relax while it looks after itself!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo-ish, it depends how you feel about quinoa!
Maple & Orange Glazed Duck SaladPrint This
- 2 duck breasts
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar (Grade A)
- Juice & zest of one orange
- 1 orange sliced into chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 100g of quinoa, cooked
- 4 large handfuls of mixed leaves
- Small handful of alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, 350–375°F.
- Begin by making incisions into the fat on your duck breasts.
- Season with some salt and black pepper and then place fat side down on a cold pan, turn the pan up to high and allow the skin to crisp and the fat to render out.
- Next up, we’re going to make the glaze, add the maple syrup to a small saucepan with the balsamic, orange juice & zest, garlic and whisk it together over a low heat with the sage.
- Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until it thickens.
- In the meantime remove the excess fat from the duck pan and discard.
- Flip over the duck and add 1/2 of the glaze to the pan with the orange pieces.
- Place the duck in the oven for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked to your liking, if you prefer yours on the rarer side, simply cook for a little less time!
- Place the quinoa & mixed leaves into two bowls, slice the duck breasts and place on top.
- Drizzle with some of the maple glaze and garnish with the alfalfa sprouts and some of the orange segments, serve and enjoy!