Chicken and Pesto Zoodles
This really is comfort in a bowl – a cleaned up version of an absolute classic!
2 courgettes/ zucchinis, spiralised
2 large chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized chunks
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
A handful of pine nuts
Himalayan pink salt & cracked black pepper for seasoning
For the pesto:
2 large handfuls of fresh basil
4 fresh sage leaves
100g pine nuts
100ml olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
- Heat a large pan with some coconut oil, season the chicken and fry off until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add half of the pesto to the chicken and remove from the heat.
- Heat another pan with some coconut oil and lightly saute the zoodles.
- Add the second half of the pesto and smother the zoodles in it.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Place the zoodles in bowls to serve and stack up the chicken on top, scatter over the tomatoes and pine nuts, serve and enjoy!