I am continually wowed by the humble cauliflower – this recipe is certainly no exception! Growing up cauliflowers were one of my favourite vegetables, little did I know that in years to come I would be making rice, mash, hummus and now “tater” tots from them! Creating new and exciting things from everyday vegetables is something that I absolutely adore, these cauli-tater tots are scrumptious! Why not team them with some of my homemade Marinara Sauce?!
1/2 a head of cauliflower
1 small red onion, finely diced
1/4 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper to taste
1-2 tsp Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/ 392°F.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and boil for 5-6 minutes until tender, refresh under cold water and drain well, add to the blender and “rice”.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower rice, onion, bell pepper, oregano & cayenne pepper.
- Add the egg, season and mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands to squeeze and shape the mixture into “tots”.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, drizzle a little coconut oil over the tots and bake for a further 10 minutes before turning.
- Bake on the opposite side for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Warm up a helping of Marinara for dipping and enjoy!