This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
For the rolls:
1 packet of rice noodles
1 pack of rice paper
4 tbsp sesame oil
3 spring onions
Handful of mint leaves
2 tbsp Agave (or honey)
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 chili finely diced
Zest and juice of one lime
Handful of mint and coriander finely chopped
The best way to make these is to have everything prepped and ready to go, then all you have to do is assemble before serving!
- Start off by julienning all of your veggies.
- Prepare your noodles according to the package, they usually take 2-3 minutes. Strain off the hot water and run them under a cold tap, remove all of the excess water and toss in a large bowl with the sesame oil.
- To make the dressing, in a saucepan combine the agave, sesame oil, garlic, chili and lime, slowly heat until the flavours have infused. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander and mint.
- Cover a large dinner plate with warm water, take one sheet of the rice paper and soak for roughly 30 seconds until it becomes translucent and pliable.
- Place the paper on a chopping board and load with your fillings, leaving an inch or so around the edge of the sheet.
I like to go with 2/3 veggies, 1/3 noodles. Don’t forget that you will be able to see through them so take a little bit of time to arrange them nicely!
- To roll up, fold in the sides and roll top to bottom.
- Repeat until all of your ingredients are gone, serve with the dressing for dipping and enjoy!