This is the perfect mid-week swap out for a takeaway! It really does taste like the real deal! During the run up to Christmas taking care of your nutrition over the course of the week ensures that you can make the most of the party season!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
1 head of cauliflower
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 pepper, finely sliced
8 button mushrooms, finely sliced
4 tbsp coconut aminos
2 cloves of garlic
Chinese 5 spice
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
4 spring onions finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Taking the whole cauliflower, chop it into small rice like pieces.
- In a large bowl combine 2 tbsp olive oil & 1/4 tsp 5 Spice.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix until nicely coated.
- Lay the cauliflower out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden, cooked through and slightly crispy.
- In the meantime heat your wok with a splash of sesame oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili and a sprinkle of coarse salt and saute for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften before adding in the peppers.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl before adding them to the wok and scrambling them through the vegetables.
- Finally add the mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes before stirring in the coconut aminos, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, and 2 of the spring onions.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and combine with the vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy with some toasted sesame seeds and some more finely chopped spring onions!