I absolutely adore Sweet Potato Tots! These ones are made with sunshine sweet potatoes and they are totally delicious! You have got to try them out!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
4 small sunshine sweet potatoes (or you can use regular if you prefer)
2 tbsp garlic & chilli oil (you can sub for plain olive oil if you prefer)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder (if not using garlic and chilli oil)
1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
1/4 a bell pepper, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
Salt and pepper as required.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/ 392°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks, toss in the garlic and chilli oil. Bake in the oven until tender, approx. 15 – 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your chunks.
- Fry off the lardons in a dry pan until crispy.
- In a large bowl mash the sweet potato, add oregano (and garlic powder), onion, pepper, lardons.
- Add the egg, season and mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands to squeeze and shape the mixture into “tots”.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, drizzle a little coconut oil over the tots and bake for a further 10 minutes before turning.
- Bake on the opposite side for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden and crispy, serve with some homemade BBQ Sauce for dipping and enjoy!