I love having a late and luxurious breakfast on the weekends, but I’m also allergic to washing dishes!! So with both of these in mind this dish is perfect! Heavy on the flavour and light on the washing up!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30.
2 small or one large sweet potato (roughly 200g)
4 slices of back bacon, sliced into strips
1 small red onion, sliced into bit
1 beef tomato
2 large eggs
2 tsp coconut oil
Salt & Pepper
Parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Cut the sweet potato into wedges.
- Melt the coconut oil and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potato, onion and bacon to the bowl and toss in the coconut oil until everything is nicely coated. (If you really want to save on the washing up you can by pass the bowl and do all of this on the baking tray!)
- Lay the contents of the bowl out on a baking tray and sprinkle with some coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Once the 15 minutes are up and the sweet potato is almost cooked add the sliced tomato to the tray and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Finally, add the eggs and cook for 3-4 more minutes until they are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and enjoy!!