Herby Pull Apart Sweet Potatoes
I adore coming up with new and exciting ways to serve Sweet Potatoes! These Herby Pull Apart Sweet Potatoes, are a bit of a play on my Hasselback Sweet Potatoes and are perfect for wowing a crowd when you’re short on time as the slices don’t have to be as precise, yet you are still serving up something that is a little more out there than your average baked potato!
Don’t be afraid to put your own spin on them – a couple of cloves of garlic mixed in with the ghee at the end is mesmerising!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
4 sweet potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp clarified butter or ghee (sub extra olive oil for vegan alternative)
1/2 tbsp Thyme
1/2 tbsp Sage
1 tsp ground coriander
A sprinkle of coarse salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Slice the ends and bottoms off the potatoes so that they lie flat.
- Working from one end to the other make thin sliced 3/4 of the way through the potato a few cm apart from each other.
- Working at a side angle, slice the potato back along the same lines a few cm apart to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, mix the herbs, salt and oil together and pat onto the potatoes, ensure that some of the oil is on the bottom to stop them from sticking.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden and crispy basting 1/2 way through with the ghee or extra olive oil if you prefer.
- Remove from the oven sprinkle with a touch more salt and enjoy!