What better way to ease back into the week after a Bank Holiday than with these delicious Beef Lettuce Wraps? They take next to no time to prepare and are so moreish you will be fighting for the last scoop!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
500g lean beef mince
1/2 white onion (65g)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red chili, finely sliced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp honey (sub orange juice for Whole30)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
2 tsp dried coriander leaf
Coarse salt and black pepper
Fresh coriander and 2 tbsp of sesame seeds to garnish
1 head of cos lettuce, separated into leaves.
- In a large pan or wok heat the sesame oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Next, add the beef along with a pinch of coarse salt, some black pepper, and the ground coriander. Allow cook for 8-10 minutes until the beef is nicely browned and cooked through.
- Finally add the coconut aminos, honey, and your chosen vinegar. Mix thoroughly until combined, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the heat, add to a bowl and garnish with the coriander & sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy with the lettuce leaves!