I love love love looooove bacon! I also love pineapple – this is a serious winning combination and the perfect little appetiser for BBQ season which given the weather at the moment is very nearly upon us!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Did you know I now have Snapchat?! Add thewonkyspatula to keep up with my day to day ramblings! I’ve been chatting through why I use some of the ingredients I do, along with my new approach to eating.
1/2 a pineapple (375g)
7-8 streaky bacon rashers (200g)
– and that is literally all you need!
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Chop the pineapple into bite sized chunks.
- Line a baking tray with some baking paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Place the pineapple and bacon onto wooden skewers, beginning with the bacon and then weaving it over each chunk of pineapple as you layer them up and place on the wire rack.
- bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is fully cooked and crisped to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!