Sweet Potato Cubes with Basil Guac
Sweet Potato Cubes with Basil Guac – I absolutely love sweet potato and eat it every single day! My Crispy Sweet Potato Cubes are one of my most popular blog posts so I thought it was about time I came up with another winning combination! Hope you love them!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Whole30 & Paleo.
2-3 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp water
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Coarse salt & black pepper
For the Guac:
1 whole avocado
1 small plum tomato, finely diced
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Begin by placing the sweet potato in a zip lock bag, melt the coconut oil and combine with the water, spices, salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to the zip lock bag and shake until the sweet potato is fully coated.
- Line a baking tray with some baking paper and place the sweet potato evenly across it.
- Bake the sweet potato in the oven for 30-35 minutes until crisp and cooked to your liking.
- While the sweet potato is in the oven, prepare the basil guac.
- Start by mashing the avocado with a fork.
- Next stir in the chilli, garlic and lime juice, followed by the tomato & basil, then set aside the guac until you are ready to serve.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and serve with a generous amount of guac! Enjoy!