Chickpeas… What has happened here?!!! Yes, believe me, I am just as surprised as you are to find chickpeas gracing my site….!! If you have read my latest blog post you will know that over the last year or so I have been switching up my diet and that now includes the odd helping of chickpeas! I love adding these crispy roasted chickpeas as toppers to roasted veggies or salads, I’ve also become partial to snacking on them by themselves! You’ll definitely want to try these out over a Christmas movie!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
Quick & Easy, Roast ChickpeasPrint This
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Large pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°c (425°F).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, pat them dry and add them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the chickpeas with the melted coconut oil and sprinkle with the spices, toss the mixture and make sure they chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, until crispy and delicious – serve immediately and enjoy!