I love chilli and I love sweet potatoes so why not have them together?! This is such a delicious and filling dinner, perfect for days when you’ve been crazy busy!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
4 large sweet potatoes
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Beef tomato, diced
142g Tomato purée (1 small tin)
400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Ground cumin
2 tsp Chipotle chilli flakes
Handful of fresh parsley
- In a large pan heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes before adding in the garlic.
- Next, add the mince and sprinkle with the chili powder and cumin, allow to cook for a 3-4 minutes until it starts to brown before adding in the pepper and fresh tomato.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, hot sauce and the tomato purée. Finally add the chipotle and mix thoroughly through.
- Bring to the boil, before reducing to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and the mince is fully cooked.
- Take a fork and pierce the skins of the sweet potatoes, bake in the oven at 200°c/392°F for 30-40 minutes until cooked through or steam in your microwave for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked to your liking, slit them down the middle, scoop out some of the potato.
- Fill with chili sauce, sprinkle with some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!