Harissa Chicken Tray Bake, I have fallen head over heels for harissa paste – it is so SO tasty! It’s great with chicken, in burgers, on french fries – you name it! Plus who doesn’t love an easy traybake?! This chicken is SO crispy and delicious yet made perfectly moist with the amazing harissa paste – roasted to perfection with garlic that just pops out of the cloves, baby peppers, lemon, onion and cherry tomatoes all of which together build up to this EPIC combo! Yes, you read it here first – this is a recipe to get excited about!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Harissa Chicken Tray BakePrint This
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 2 chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 chicken wings, skin on
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Large pinch of coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 8-10 baby bell peppers
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, whole skin on
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/4 lemon sliced and zested
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°c/ 390°F.
- Begin by browning the chicken off in some olive oil, place it skin side down on a hot pan and cook with a large pinch of coarse salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a baking tray.
- Gently saute the onion & peppers and add to the tray along with the chicken, followed by the tomatoes.
- Place a dollop of harissa on each of the chicken pieces & paint them with it until nicely coated.
- Add the lemon wedges, garlic cloves & lemon zest, followed by some more salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and perfectly crispy. Serve and enjoy!!