The Alternative Paleo Breakfast
2 slices of parma ham
1 egg 8 asparagus stalks
1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
Sprinkle of lemon pepper
1 small sweet potato or 1/4 of a large one
2 tbsp of coconut oil
Italian Herb seasoning
Small handful of baby spinach
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
- Put the baking tray in the oven with the coconut oil until it has melted
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into fries.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, place the sweet potato on it and sprinkle your fries with the Italian herb seasoning. – This both adds flavour and stops your fries from burning!
- Place them in the oven and cook for 10 minutes – in the meantime prep your asparagus by washing them and snapping off the end, fill the sauce pan with cold water and place the egg in carefully.
- After 10 mins has elapsed flip the sweet potato fries and begin cooking your egg. Both the egg and sweet potato require 10 minutes so reset the timer.
- While they’re cooking heat the griddle pan with the remaining coconut oil and add the asparagus, cook for about 2 minutes either side, reduce the heat and sprinkle the lemon pepper over them along with the lemon juice, cook for a further minute.
- Lay out the Parma Ham in two strips and wrap the asparagus in it. Place on the plate with the spinach.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven, plate up and enjoy 🙂 !!
– If you have any plants you think need a little helping hand – keep your egg water and when it has cooled water them with it. After a few weeks of regular watering with egg water you should begin to see them flourish!!