Banana bites with homemade Hazelnut butter
I adore nut butter of all kinds and have experimented with many different combinations – sometimes you can’t beat a classic and this is where my Hazelnut Butter comes in! The perfect solution to curb even the most persistent sugar cravings!
For the butter:
350g raw hazelnuts shelled
1/2 vanilla pod
To make my banana bites:
– 1 banana
– tbsp pomegranate seeds
– tsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/356°f.
- Place the hazelnuts on a large baking tray.
- Bake the nuts for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes until golden and the skins have started to split.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool before placing all of the nuts in the middle of a tea towel/dish cloth – cover over and roll them inside the little parcel until the skin has come off all of the nuts.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blend until liquefied.
- When the butter has reached your desired consistency – I usually make mine very smooth – split the vanilla pod and add the vanilla pulp to the blender.
- Blend for a further 20-30 seconds until combined before adding the butter to a sterilised container.