I was craving my Chicken and Chorizo Bake, but really didn’t have the time to make it from scratch this recipe using Mum’s BBQ Sauce is the perfect mid-week supper solution for those who want the comfort of home-cooked food without standing over the stove for too long!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
2 bell peppers, finely
6 chicken thighs
1/2 batch of Mum’s BBQ Sauce
200g Chorizo sausage, sliced into small pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/356°F.
- Heat the olive oil until smoking in a large pan, place the chicken skin side down and reduce the heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy. Flip over the chicken and cook on the other side until sealed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a large oven proof dish.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan and fry off the chorizo.
- Once the chorizo is nice and crispy remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the pepper to the pan and lightly saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo back into the pan along with the BBQ sauce, mix well before pouring over the chicken.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and everything is piping hot.
- Serve and enjoy as is or teamed with some zoodles to bulk it up!