This week, as part of Wonky Meets, I caught up with Michelle Hunt, AKA Peachy Palate. We had a ball and she shared her recipe for these incredible Vegan Gluten Free Buckwheat Waffles with me!
What Michelle says about this recipe:
My go-to waffle recipe. Super thick and fluffy, crispy on the outside, bready on the inside. These are gluten free, vegan and can be switched up by using different fruit purees, flavour extracts and spices like nutmeg and cinnamon!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
Be sure to check out the full interview with Peachy Palate here!
Peachy Palate's Buckwheat WafflesPrint This
- 80g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml water or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 level tsp Linwoods milled flaxseed or chia seed
- 10ml maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and allow to sit for 5 minutes until it has thickened.
- Grease waffle iron with spray oil and pour the batter onto the iron.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and fully cooked.
- Top with your choice of dairy-free yogurt, chocolate nut butter or ganache and fresh berries.