Cheeky Chinese Chicken Wings
I don’t know what it is about Monday’s but I always seem to come home starving on Monday evening! These wings are great for a pre-dinner pick me up or even on their own for a simply delicious dinner. Ideally prep them the night or even morning before so that all you have to do is pop them into the oven before they are devoured!
900g Whole chicken wings (12/14)
4 Spring onions
1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
1/2 tsp Dried thyme
1/2 tsp Dried sage
1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 red chili – chopped
4 cloves of garlic – peeled and chopped
1 inch fresh ginger – peeled and chopped
2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°c.
- If you using dry bay leaves – place them in a roughly 2 tbsps of boiling water and leave to soften for 5-10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spring onions, put all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until liquidised.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken wings and the marinade.
- Place in a large zip-lock or airtight bag and leave in the fridge to marinade for as long as possible. (Ideally at least 3 hours – if not more)
- Place them on a wire rack and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly until they are cooked through and the skin is nice and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy! 😀